Polartec® Wind Pro®
Polartec® Wind Pro® fabrics are extremely breathable yet provide 4x more wind resistance than traditional fleece. This is the new "super fleece" which spans an incredibly wide range of conditions; performs as both outerwear and insulation; and offers exceptional durability. This is a versatile fabric which can be worn all year long for a variety of activities.
How does it work?
Proprietary yarns and a very tight construction greatly reduce the effects of wind chill, the Achilles heel of traditional fleece. We have proven its effectiveness both in the lab and in the field. Polartec® Wind Pro® blocks the wind 4 times more than traditional fleece.
The durable water repellent outer surface sheds rain and snow. The velour or pebbled back efficiently traps air and provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio. Both surfaces of these fabrics are finished for maximum durability and pill-free performance. They retain their insulating ability and original appearance after repeated use and laundering.
Because it is not a laminate, Polartec® Wind Pro® is also highly breathable, maintaining 85% of the breathability of traditional fleece to keep you from over heating.
- 4 times more wind resistant than traditional fleece; greatly reduces wind chill.
- Provides warmth without the weight and bulk of traditional insulating fabrics.
- Water repellent surface sheds rain and snow.
- Highly breathable; provides comfort in all activities; does not restrict the movement of moisture vapour.
- Durable; will outlast other fleece fabrics.
- Machine washable.
- Versatile; appropriate for a broad range of activities.