Things you need to know before you travel to Iceland
Are you planning your trip to Iceland? Here are few important thinks you need to know before you visit us here in the northern region of the world.
Fist of all you need to prepare yourself for any kind of weather, it can be very unpredictable and change suddenly without a warning. We advise that for your maximum comfort you wear good shoes or boots. Bring a hat and gloves and also a waterproof outer garment. Wearing three layers of lightweight upper body clothing is the most effective method for retaining warmth.
If you need the right clothing for your iceland tour come to one of our stores, located at Keflavik international airport, in the capital Reykjavik or around Iceland.
You can also buy the right gear for your iceland trip here at our online store.
- outdoor clothing for men
- outdoor clothing for women
- outdoor clothing for children
- outdoor clothing for infants
Average temperatures in Iceland
Daylight in Iceland
|January||10:34 AM||3:59 PM|
|February||9:05 AM||5:38 PM|
|March||7:26 AM||7:07 PM|
|April||5:37 AM||20:38 PM|
|May||3:55 AM||10:12 PM|
|June||2:42 AM||11:32 PM|
|July||3.23 AM||11:00 PM|
|August||4:58 AM||9:22 PM|
|September||6:29 AM||7:33 PM|
|October||7:55 AM||5:48 PM|
|November||9:32 AM||4:09 PM|
|December||10:50 AM||3:12 PM|
When should I travel to Iceland?
Iceland is beautiful in all seasons. In the summer season (from the beginning of June to the end of August), all tours run and campsites, hotels and youth hostels are open. In September there are progressively fewer tours and less countryside is accessible (generally around the 15th of September). But there are compensating attractions for the off peak traveller, the beauty of autumn colours, the changing skies and the northern lights. Reykjavik is a wonderful city for Christmas shopping with its Christmas lights reflecting in the snow.
How can I get to Iceland?
Frequent flights operate to Iceland from main cities in Europe and North America and many gateways are served daily. Flight times are 2-3 hours to major gateways in Europe and 5-6 hours to the east coast of North America. Most flights connect at Iceland´s Keflavík International Airport (45 km from Reykjavík) to give good stopover opportunities for transatlantic travellers.
These airline carriers are all currently flying to Iceland:
Other useful tips
- Useful statistics for Iceland
- Where is Iceland?
- The history of Iceland in few sentences
- How is the weather in Iceland?
- How many people live in Iceland?
- Tell me about Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland?
- How many people live in the capital area?
- When is daylight in Iceland?
- When should I travel to Iceland?
- How can I get to Iceland?
- Where is Keflavik International Airport located?
- Are there any domestic flights in Iceland?
- Are there any buses services in Iceland?
- How should I drive in Iceland?
- When are stores open in Iceland?
- How are the general prices in Iceland?
- Is there any tax-free shops in Iceland?
- What kind of monetary unit does Iceland have?
- What time zone is Iceland on?
- What is the telephone code into Iceland?
- What is the tipping policy in Iceland?
- Are there any post offices in Iceland?
- What are Icelander like?
- When are public holidays in Iceland?
- What kind of language do Icelanders speak?
- Do Icelanders speak English?
- Is there any electricity in Iceland?
- What is there to see in Iceland besides nature?
- Can I plug my modem?
- Where in Reykjavik can I access the internet?
- What kind of mobile phone system is there in Iceland?
- What is the visas policy is in Iceland?
- Do I need to bring my passport?
- Is there any army in Iceland?
- Is there any pharmacies in Iceland?
- Can I get a medical help in Iceland?
- What is the health Insurance policy in Iceland?
- Can I get any news in English while I stay in Iceland?
- We have a long layover in Reykjavik, what can we do to pass the time?
- What kind of outdoor clothing should I bring with me?
For further information about Iceland visit the website, www.icelandguest.com.