Polartec® Power Dry®
Polartec® Power Dry® fabrics are 100% polyester, highly breathable, and ideal when worn as the base layer for those playing sports, either as underwear or technical shirting.
Polartec® Power Dry® fabrics are designed to keep your skin dry when you sweat. All fabrics in this series feature a patented bi-component knit construction that uses different yarns on either side of the fabric. This creates two different surfaces: one that is optimised to move moisture away from the skin, the other to dry quickly.
How does it work?
Moisture and high relative humidity next to the skin cause discomfort. Polartec® Power Dry® keeps the skin dry through three complementary mechanisms:
- The fabric is very breathable and does not restrict the movement of moisture vapour.
- "Touch points" on the fabric's inner surface draws off the sweat. Sweat is wicked off the skin to the outside of the fabric where it spreads rapidly for evaporation. Polartec® Power Dry® fabrics move at least 30% more moisture away from the skin than single component fabrics.
- When the sweat reaches the outside of the fabric, it spreads out to many times its original surface area, enabling it to dry at least two times faster than cotton.
Polartec® Power Dry® fabrics provide ultraviolet sun protection while keeping your skin dry and comfortable when you sweat. Most light, mid, and heavy weight Polartec® Power Dry® fabrics are now certified for ultraviolet protection.
- Patented bi-component construction keeps your skin dry when you sweat
- Highly breathable to provide comfort in all activities; does not restrict the movement of moisture vapour.
- Dries quickly.
- Provides very good sun protection (UPF 15) in most styles.
- Soft surface next to skin provides all-day comfort.
- Machine washable .